Diamond Seller Dilemma

• To Sell or Not To Sell Rubies?

I have been playing again for a few months and made the decision at this point to not sell rubies anymore. I would like to sell Rubies but with all the changes made to the Item Shop and the Phirius Shop it basically costs 10 diamonds per ruby. Yes it has always been 10% of diamond purchase for ruby bonus, before the changes thou you could earn rubies via Phirius tokens. Now that the ability to gain rubies via phirius tokens has been removed they are outlandishly expensive to gain.

I am a diamond seller, and have stopped selling rubies. Rubies for Phirius Coins used to be an avenue for free players to remain free to play. Basically use rubies for all rune slots ( this was a way to bypass the cost of rune drillers ) and to plus 6 an item without fail. Also rubies allowed the purchase of rental storage spaces ( Bank/Backpack ). Now thou this is not feasible avenue anymore unless the people selling rubies for dirt cheap remain ignorant.

• Gameforge completely fucked up the ruby shop. They nerfed the amount for no reason, and all its done is make ruby price soar up on every server, and made rubies rarer and rarer, you cannot obtain the amount of rubies required on server for the demand of people wanting them. Many diamond sellers no longer sell rubies because they're simply too rare. Gameforge need to reverse this change because every day there is people spamming for rubies and no seller. Gameforge show in every area of this game that they have no clue how the game works, and how it's meant to be played. They should listen to their gm team, who at least will have some clue on how these stupid changes will effect servers.

• I would honestly say they have made a real mess with the Item Shops ( Diamond/Ruby/Phirius ). The fact that you can only obtain storage chests via rubies now, is what lead me to looking into the ruby situation. Just as well as they removed the Storage Chest that was purchasable via Phirius Tokens. I been back to playing for several months but never really paid much attention to all the adjustments made to the Item Shops.

Overall opinion is I do not like it. The way things were set up previously it took a lot of time to obtain items such as the storage chests via Phirius Tokens, rubies ( Even with a pleather of Alts ). You could spend on Daily Resets but would have spent 10xdiamonds on reset tickets than just purchasing a storage chest - now you have to spend around 2k diamonds ( If only buying diamonds during a sale ) or close to 100 USD to obtain a 20 slot storage chest. The price of the game is way out of control - what is more crazy I suppose is people like me whom continue to pay encourages them to continue to increase the cost of the game.

Guess only solution is to stop playing/spending on the game and just watch it die.

• you cannot obtain the amount of rubies required on server for the demand of people wanting them

On my server (Baldr) the ruby price went up to 150k (which was the same as the diamond price) when they made the change and rubies were rare. But now, the price went down again to 120-140k while dias went up to 160k-200k.

The point is that when you play RoM, you need (on average) about 10x as many diamonds as rubies (maybe even more that 10x) so you usually don't have to spend extra diamonds to get the rubies.

Of course it would be nice if they changed it, then everyone would have plenty of rubies and sell them for 30k-50k again, but I think this change wasn't as bad as you describe it.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Well on my server, ruby price was 50k, its now 200k and even then you struggle to find a seller, the change is absolutely awful and makes 0 sense. Maybe you have more p2w ppl on your server, given the gear levels on Baldr wouldn't surprise me. More dias spent is gonna generate more rubies, on smaller servers is less and less people buying dias, even small amounts.

Not to mention the ruby shop has extra items in that you don't even need for gear. For some lame reason they moved all crafting furniture to rubies, storage chests, xp/tp pets etc etc. I can't even get rubies for my gear, why on earth would i buy a pet for an alt now?

• Not to mention the ruby shop has extra items in that you don't even need for gear. For some lame reason they moved all crafting furniture to rubies, storage chests, xp/tp pets etc etc. I can't even get rubies for my gear, why on earth would i buy a pet for an alt now?

Wow after I read this I went to look and your right so now to get a piece of crafting furniture in your house you have to spend a minimum of 350 diamonds ( 35 Rubies ).

I wonder if they will give any explanation of why they made these changes?

The more I look around I truly am regretting spending on this game again.

And to be on topic of ruby selling if I was to sell rubies it would be for 10x the price of diamonds - which I usually have sold diamonds for about 100k per on my server. So if I was to sell rubies it would be for 1million per ruby which I highly doubt anyone would pay - mainly because it is now cheaper to buy the diamond version of the items for building your gear.

I do ponder what exactly they are trying to do with the game. It honestly feels like they are trying to force the game to die.

• And to be on topic of ruby selling if I was to sell rubies it would be for 10x the price of diamonds - which I usually have sold diamonds for about 100k per on my server. So if I was to sell rubies it would be for 1million per ruby which I highly doubt anyone would pay - mainly because it is now cheaper to buy the diamond version of the items for building your gear.

There are many items where there is no diamond equivalent (storage chest, +6, rune slots, etc.) but nobody buys rubies for 1kk - because there are many players selling rubies for much less.

It's always "supply and demand". The "supply" of rubies is much less (1/10 of diamonds) but the "demand" (the 1-2 +6 stones are about 200 rubies, but you spend 2k diamonds on +7 to +20) is much less too, so the price is about the same.

• On the french server, the diamonds cost 300-400k gold for a lot of diamond's sellers, and there are not really ruby's sellers. I think of the all server, we are at a very ironic moment.

• I wonder if they will give any explanation of why they made these changes?

Because they throw away every single piece of feedback - and in their meeting every two years where they´re talking about RoM somebody said:

'Hey we have to do something, else this idiotic players will start to think we´re not interested in their fu..ing game'

'And what should we do?'

'Well - not quite sure myself since i always directly burn their feedback in our heater'

'Yeah - they´re sending so much, quite good - it´s always warm here '

laughter laughter

'But honestly, what can we do?'

'Well i think i can remember they always complained about our shitty IS'

'Yep - well let´s just mix some things up there'

'What will this do to the game'

'Dunno but who cares - let´s meet again in 2 years, was quite a good meeting'

'OK, well then - see you tomorrow in the Aion-meeting'

'Naahhh... next week bro, was enough for this one - it´s already tuesday come on..'

• And to be on topic of ruby selling if I was to sell rubies it would be for 10x the price of diamonds - which I usually have sold diamonds for about 100k per on my server. So if I was to sell rubies it would be for 1million per ruby which I highly doubt anyone would pay - mainly because it is now cheaper to buy the diamond version of the items for building your gear.

There are many items where there is no diamond equivalent (storage chest, +6, rune slots, etc.) but nobody buys rubies for 1kk - because there are many players selling rubies for much less.

It's always "supply and demand". The "supply" of rubies is much less (1/10 of diamonds) but the "demand" (the 1-2 +6 stones are about 200 rubies, but you spend 2k diamonds on +7 to +20) is much less too, so the price is about the same.

There appears to be a high demand for Rubies on my server - just from the world shouts I see people shouting for days for rubies( Diamonds ) as the offer slowly raises of what they are willing to pay ( In Gold ) for the rubies/diamonds. Yet at this point on my server Aeterna the last few months diamonds sell between 100 and 160k per.

You do bring up an interesting point in regards to the items that are not available for diamonds such as the storage chests, Bank Space Scrolls, and Backpack Tickets. This could be one reason they removed the ruby bonus from the Phirius shop. To try to persuade people to purchase their own diamonds in order to rent space.

And like Exodios stated there are very few diamond sellers willing to sell rubies, heck of late the amount of diamonds people have asked me for have lead me to believe there are not too many Paying customers atm. Seems the bulk of the crowd is F2P people. These are just my speculations on my server - I have no actual facts about anyone or any playerbase habits.

Just curious Rynak if you deem yourself a free to play player or do you sell diamonds?

Edited once, last by Yori ().

• Just curious Rynak if you deem yourself a free to play player or do you sell diamonds?

I'd call myself a free to play player.

Also want to note that I agree with most of the points and feedback made here, I just don't agree with the 1 Ruby = 10 Diamonds argumentation and feel the need to comment on it ;)

• Thanks for the reply Rynak. I started the discussion to get feedback, was hoping another diamond seller or two would weigh in on the ruby prices or if they do or do not sell rubies and their reasoning behind their decisions.

I can understand you not wanting to agree with price ( 1 million <1kk> ) I stated and that is why I have not been trying or am willing to sell rubies. Well aware atm that no one will pay that price so to avoid the hate I just decline to sell.

But it is a fact that it takes the spending of 10 diamonds to obtain 1 ruby. Last Sunday's Plussing Gems Sale granted double ruby bonus, only one other item I have run across that granted double ruby bonus but that item was quickly adjusted to be in line with the 10 diamonds to obtain 1 ruby. If you know an avenue to obtain rubies at a different rate would you please enlighten me via tell or private message if you do not wish to share it with the community.

Really think they just need to add the ruby bonus back on the Phirius Coin purchases.

Thanks to all for comments.

• Rare does not equal valuable if it is not sought after.

Just because you need gazillon diamonds spent to acquire rubies, if there's not much of interest to be bought with those, it doesn't really matter if they are rare or not.

The mileage of "sought after" may vary greatly between servers due to general activity levels.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Thanks for your comments SaitoHajime.

Since you decided to chime in with the supply n demand argument. If there was no demand for those items then why would Gameforge increase the cost so much ( Items/Currency )? Those actions are sorta counter intuitive of "Supply and Demand". If memory serves me correctly I will use the 20 Slot Storage Chest as an example. Previously it was sold for 199 diamonds ( Might been 299 ) to now it is only purchasable for 299 Rubies ( 3k Diamonds ). And to also mention that not all diamond purchases yield a ruby bonus ( House Energy/Rentals) and you are not automatically granted Rubies when you buy diamonds.

What I am able to charge for rubies in game can be dictated by "Supply n Demand" and competition. Yet I choose to not sell rubies so I will add to the Demand side.

To mention Crafting Furniture ( Items that have been moved to Ruby currency only ) that has now also been increased by 10x the cost. This placing those items for 35 rubies is a nice illusion.

It appears to me that there is plenty of sought after items that are now locked behind the Ruby Currency as mentioned by other posters in this thread so no need to repeat.

And so if there is not much demand for Ruby only items then why would Gameforge remove the ability to earn rubies via Phirius Tokens and overall increase the cost of the game?

Edited 2 times, last by Yori ().

• Now, there really should not be any difference between a person that buys for his own use and a diamond seller. The ratio of diamonds to rubies "needed" should be near the same on the average.

I am not a diamond seller. I buy diamonds for my own use. For many years rubies were not an issue, as I seemed to get plenty enough for my own needs just from my own diamond purchases. However, just recently, I went to buy a fourth slot for a new piece of armor, and lo and behold, I did not have enough rubies. What happened? Well it is described in the posts above, GF has adjusted the ratio to provide less rubies per purchase.

The laws of supply and demand would indicate that the price of rubies should increase to meet the demand. This seems obvious, but, there is one problem, it is not a separate commodity, diamonds and rubies are linked. By changing the ratio, GF is attempting to force people to buy with diamonds, things they don't need, in order to get the rubies that they do. Diabolical, but, like most things they do will probably backfire on them.

• Now, there really should not be any difference between a person that buys for his own use and a diamond seller. The ratio of diamonds to rubies "needed" should be near the same on the average.

I don't disagree with your comments Corwin. The difference imo would be diamond sellers are essentially making up the costs of the free to play crowd.

Diamond sellers and F2P are linked just like rubies and diamonds now with all the IS changes.

I am a diamond seller and if I was to only buy enough for my own needs then my spending on the game would drop by two-thirds.

• If you know an avenue to obtain rubies at a different rate

No, I don't know.

remove the ability to earn rubies via Phirius Tokens

changing the ratio

There are doing this to increase the value of rubies. Before, rubies were kind-of cheap, basically every diamond seller had rubies left over and gave them away cheap. This meant that you would always use ruby alternatives (e.g. 2x the slot 4 rune driller instead of the slot 3 one for diamonds) if there were any.

Now by increasing the value of rubies, GF reaches 2-3 things:

1. Rubies are more expensive, so people frequently use the dia stuff (I bought a slot 2+3 rune driller for diamonds recently, also I only use the ruby stones for +6 and not anymore for +4..+6).
    2. Diamond- and Rubysellers have more "power" because their rubies are now also valuable.
    3. Maybe someone even decided to spend more diamonds in order to get more rubies (e.g. Let's say I make my equipment tear 8 or 9. Then I see I need more rubies anyway so I'll go for t9 and get the needed rubies from the additional fusion stones). Or players start selling diamonds in worldchat in order to get rubies, same effect (more diamonds spend).

If you think the ruby supply is too small on your server and the price too low, the price will go up with time as long as supply < demand. You just have to wait until ruby every seller notices / is out of rubies.

PS: I, as a free to play player, also dislike these changes a lot, especially for phirius tokens, since I now have to work harder (get more gold) to buy everything needed for my equipment.

• Novar

Closed the thread.