Proper Siege War Timer

• Hey,

Is there any Addon which would show us proper time on Siege Wars? Currently the "orginally" timer on Siege Wars show us only time which is counted from the time we had entered Siege War... but not the proper time of Siege War.. remaining time of Siege War..

If nobody yet created such addon, maybe someone could do this, if it's possible?

This addon should download a proper time from server and in its new window - show us proper remaining time of Siege War, which would be right/proper time, so no matter of crash or entering the Siege Wars at e.g 20:23, we will always have the appropriate remaining time to end of Siege War. This addon could have its own small window.

And maybe one step forward and creating such addon which would show us current time in game, which would be compatible with the server time? This clock should have hour:minute:seconds, so eg. 20:21:23 etc. This clock should also download a time from the server, and give us a time compatible with the server. So if in this clock we see 20:00:01 - we know that's a time for Siege War

Could anyone create such thing? I think it would be useful for many players.

• if it's possible

I'm not sure where to get the Siege War time, the addon would be quite simple otherwise. I have a few ideas:

• We cannot use Server-Time since SW sometimes starts at 19:59 or something servertime
    • I think SW is not oriented at UTC so we cannot use real time too
    • We could try to catch the message ("SW has begun..." or something like that) and save the corresponding time in the Addon - buf if you have a crit and disconnect, the time is lost. Also the message appears multiple times, at least on my server.
    • We could do something like hatelist and create a chat channel where everybody's addon writes the time that is shown in SW so the minimum time should be pretty close to the correct one.

And maybe one step forward and creating such addon which would show us current time in game, which would be compatible with the server time? This clock should have hour:minute:seconds, so eg. 20:21:23 etc. This clock should also download a time from the server, and give us a time compatible with the server. So if in this clock we see 20:00:01 - we know that's a time for Siege War

I think XBar and similar Addons show the server clock, also in this format.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• I'm not sure where to get the Siege War time

Well i don't know much about addons/macros etc. But what about this functions?

I saw them at List of Functions

since SW sometimes starts at 19:59 or something servertime

Well, not really. I think SW starts at 20:00:01 (server time)

Well maybe in our normal clocks it's 19:59 or 20:00 or even 20:01 but in server time it's always 20:00:01.

So there has to be way (function), which would allow us to download current server time. Which would be accurate to the seconds...

Game for sure has implemented its own time, according to which we have for instance: SW at. 16:00:01 , 20:00:01, and other...

Or maybe if we cannot create such addon, maybe just simple macro?

Which would show us on chat frame what is current server time? We would just click on the macro button and in the chat we would receive current server time e.g 20:03:32

---

While in Seige, if you press "G", then battles, it will inform you of how many minutes are left in the battle.

Well yes, but I would suggest something more detailed.. seconds :)

Any ideas?

• hope they fix the tapping so that you can only take over a tower when there are no guards left - Shazaaam this addon is useless ;)

Well don't understand.. what has this got to do with addon..

Please let's be stricted to the topic..

• Well why do you need the 'seconds' - why is the minute not enough?

Maybe to stop the enemy tabbers? ^^

• Yeah

Stop enemy tabbers

or

tab her-/himself

therefore - if tabbing in the last 15s of war (which seems to be the tactics for 50% of the active 'playing' SW guilds right now) is stopped - there´s no need anymore for this addon.

Or am i mistaken?

• therefore - if tabbing in the last 15s of war (which seems to be the tactics for 50% of the active 'playing' SW guilds right now) is stopped - there´s no need anymore for this addon.

It is not stopped yet, right? So we need to make the addon ^^

• or stop it...

programming either one of the options seems to be the same effort.

Only thing is - programming from players which are interested in a solution vs programming from RW (which don´t get or don´t understand the feedback they get) which are not interested...

So yeah probably the addon will be available faster (~200 times faster) and it will help even more people to tap towers in the last seconds - which will make the SW even more a charade then it is right now

• Well, not really. I think SW starts at 20:00:01 (server time)

Well maybe in our normal clocks it's 19:59 or 20:00 or even 20:01 but in server time it's always 20:00:01.

The time is the time from pbInfo I think, it's the same one XBar is showing.

Edit: Actually, you were right. This is **not** servetime but just operating system time (os.time).

I tried all the functions, none gives you the SW time, I think. Maybe GetTime could work...

• BattleGroundGetTimeStr - converts a time (in seconds) into a string like "1 minute and 3 second(s)"
    • GetCurrentGameTime - returns if it's Moring, Night etc.
    • GetTimeInBattleGroundQueue - takes a number as argument, often returns 0. Argument is probably an ID but this is not what we are looking for
    • GetTime - returns numbers (around 2000 atm) which change with seconds, don't know how to convert though
    • GuildOutdoorsWar_GetRamainTimeText - converts a number into something like "<10Minuten" (on German Client), so also not what we are looking for
    • SwitchArenaInfoTimeUint - switches something and returns 0 or 1
    • GetArenaInfoTimeUint - returns 0 or 1 depending on what was set using above command

If anyone else has other ideas how to get SW time I can try them (and maybe write a macro) ;)

Edit: According to the wiki, GetTime() "Returns the number of seconds elapsed since the last system boot" - so it's useless.

Edited once, last by Rynak ().

• Well why do you need the 'seconds' - why is the minute not enough?

Well I think it would be very useful, we could precisely calculate, when the enemies will have their tornado again, when they will have their Immunity(ball) etc. I think having such clock on the screen would be great for Siege War management.

kako88 You all the time talk about capping towers, but this thread isn't about it.. and yes for sure fixing original clock in SW would be better, but well.. RW doesn't seem to fix it, so I think we can do something as players :)

This is **not** servetime but just operating system time (os.time).

Yes exactly it's only OS.Time or UTC Time, don't know, but this doesn't matter.

I believe in 10000% that GF have something like: SERVER CLOCK/TIME which has its own settings. As far as we remember when we had Daylight saving time (winter>summer| summer>winter time), and there were even weeks when Siege Wars started at: 21:00 or 19:00, and until they had changed their Server Clock/Time, we had time at inappropriate settings and Siege Wars on wrong hours.

So now only thing we have to figure out is: How check server time/clock or how download it's settings. Any ideas?

I thought a little about this, and I think creating Siege War timer will be quite harder than creating normal clock - which would show us current server time in a format HOUR:MINUTE:SECONDS. That addon would be visible for the whole time in our screens (in the corner of the screen) and then we would be able to know the current time.

• Novar

Closed the thread.