Any old Macantacht players still around?

• Reckon this section is the best bet since it used to be an english server before the two merges happened. Vidar subforum seems pretty empty and inactive but are there still some old farts lurking around from when Macantacht still existed? Perhaps even OB players like me?

Haven't been very active on the game for a couple years because the P2W factor drove me off, I mostly played because I met a bunch of nice players to hang out with. Never got into endgame though and still haven't seen a good 80-90% of all instances from the inside because during my time, most players used to go full nazi on everyone who didn't have a certain damage value on scrutinizer. Dunno if this is still a thing but it used to be a major deal back then. Still remember being excluded from all Warnorken Arena runs because people didn't want mages unless they had the staff from that very same instance so their scruti numbers could match the scouts. God, that scout dps bug was some funny stuff back then.

Kinda lost interest in the game around the time of Ch5 release because I couldn't keep up with my old fellow players anymore (I think that was the time when +16 stones became a thing... memory might be wrong tho) and because I enjoyed GW2 a lot more at that time. 'twas a nice change of pace after three years of "get pimped or get busted" which the majority of RoM's endgame content was about. No idea if it still is but after I stumbled across a +20 stone and tier 20 manastone in the database, I guess P2W is still a matter here, if not a major one at that. But that doesn't matter anymore, I grew tired of trying to reach the endgame over the years and never really managing it.

Originally started off on the german server Muinin back in OB times but my friend, who introduced me to the game, picked Macantacht which eventually became the server I not only really started the game on but also exclusively played on until I eventually went on to another MMO. Would be nice to find some of the old guys from those times.

As bad as P2W may have been back then, this game still has its own unique charme

• Yes, there is old crew still playing like me and ram, and some old sparticans, but mostly quited long ago...

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• Sparticans is still around? Daymn. What about Black Hand or Requiem? They used to be the top players of the server. Also 'member your guild. Dragonlords used to be a pretty damn good one back then too.

• Nothing has really changed since you left or actually no it is more p2w.

Very few old players are still in game most left years ago like you.

If you just want to play and not bother with endgame content, it has still potential with things to do.

SoVvjsU.png

• I read something about +30 stones in a german thread... Hard to believe how far this whole pimping has gone now. Back in my day, +6 and T8 weapons used to be great.

I wouldn't mind playing again, checking if my old character still exists or not. But at the time I left, itemshop upgrades were required even for regular gameplay just so you could survive the regular mobs in the Ch5 zones.

Perhaps GF devs should think about introducing a similar model like Blizz did for WoW: a Ch1 or pre Ch1 server for Runes. pretty sure I ain't the only one who wouldn't mind playing on a server where Kalin Shrine and Treasure Trove were the shit and large groups came together for nice, enduring evenings or afternoons in the Bloody Gallery sitting around waiting for that stinky floating robe to pop up just to get nuked three seconds later.

Did you also play on Macantacht Fifio?

• Did you also play on Macantacht Fifio?

no Siochain, but the story is same on all servers they slowly died and got merged due to players leaving

now weapons are t13/t14 +20-30 depending on your luck since +30 stones fail more than the npc jewels and players still buy them to be op

SoVvjsU.png

• I played on Macantacht back in the days. Unfortunately I lost my original char during one of the server merges due to a 4 year break... Well, whatever, GF.

In loving memory... Guild Equilibrium!

• Didn't do much with Equi back then. Used to be a part of Requiem for a short time however and without them, I still wouldn't have seen the demon lord myself. Too bad your char is lost, both of my mains were lost during the 2nd merge from last year's September. I was a freelancer for the most part anyway. Back then, most guilds had schedules and duties like siege war participation, instance runs and whatnot. Doesn't belong into a game if you ask me.

I remember a fairly active mixed guild called Diakatana however. Used to be german only as far as I know but they changed to international due to lack of members. Kinda funny to do in the first place when you play on an english server but yeah... But dunno what happened to those guys, haven't seen any of them when I looked around last year to see what had changed since my break.

'Twas pretty much 5 years now that I think about it. Stopped playing in 2012, picked up again in early 2017 but the merge still hit my accounts. Wonder if people still run the old instances from Ch1-2 times. Kinda doubt it given how many there are now. Runes used to be so tiny without even Ravenfell existing back then.

• Sparticans is still around? Daymn. What about Black Hand or Requiem? They used to be the top players of the server. Also 'member your guild. Dragonlords used to be a pretty damn good one back then too.

Yeah some of sparti still playing, blackhand and requiem, almost everyone quited. Dragonlords are 1 of most active left on server (pvp+pve) and i am there now for few years already :)

Game did change lot, but IS and some crappy bugs are left behind so dunno how smart is to start again without euros ;)

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• Based on my experience from Crysalia and later zones, doesn't seem possible in the first place. I already had trouble holding myself against the regular mobs in Tergothen Bay but really kicked the bucket in the later Ch5 zones. with the mob crowds and area damage like the flaming forest, it almost felt as annoying as going through Orr in GW2. Quite the breeze in a group but as a solo player, pretty much impossible.

Given the age of the servers, runes isn't very attractive for newcomers and long time returning players either because I don't think there's many players left playing the older content pre-Ch6/7. And with levelcap being at 100, I'm sure GF implemented additional speed leveling methods besides Coast of Opportunity. 5 billion exp spheres maybe? Who knows.

• Based on my experience from Crysalia and later zones, doesn't seem possible in the first place. I already had trouble holding myself against the regular mobs in Tergothen Bay but really kicked the bucket in the later Ch5 zones. with the mob crowds and area damage like the flaming forest, it almost felt as annoying as going through Orr in GW2. Quite the breeze in a group but as a solo player, pretty much impossible.

Given the age of the servers, runes isn't very attractive for newcomers and long time returning players either because I don't think there's many players left playing the older content pre-Ch6/7. And with levelcap being at 100, I'm sure GF implemented additional speed leveling methods besides Coast of Opportunity. 5 billion exp spheres maybe? Who knows.

Simply not true. My main is 100/93 Warden/Druid. I am NOT an end-gamer and my gear is mostly from quests plus one or two big items from a guildy as a hand-me-down. I leveled all the way to where I am as a solo player, rarely grouping.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Was not on Machantact but i was on Siochain in guild Mercenary (is it still alive?)... i was mage/Druid named DarkestNightmare

Is the game still strongly pay to win or it is better now? wanted to return but i'm not 100% sure at all since it was AWFULLY pay to win

• Mercenary haven't been alive for years and the game became way more pay to win so doubt you will find it appealing.

SoVvjsU.png

• Novar

Closed the thread.