Ruins of Magnork - Quests & Events

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • *These are two guides. The video was posted to the RoM US board by Rukifellth2792. The text is by pazuzzu from the RoM EU board.

since we dont do this much any longer and motivating my guild to go again is nearly impossible since theres no loot. heres some added detail:

this is actually quite a fun event. weird stuff happens as you progress it. ghosts appear to help out...when you get the weapon charged AOEs go off everywhere...etc.

Note: u cant do the 5 or 6 quests here until you progress the event. dont try to finish Great Discovery solo :P

Serenstrum = mandatory.

spend the setup time getting everyone to the same place..just have a portal open at the allics dude where you appear when u leave magnork and tp in and out until you get everyone together

punishers:

they come in clusters spaced out around the map. Theres a ton of the generic ones in each cluster, the #43. They're fast and have wider than normal aggro range, but do very little damage. cannonfodder

Theres one of each of the "special units" in each cluster:

#1- the commander. they can tell all nearby units to attack you.

#21- the face sitter. They jump on your head, you screen goes completely black and you're feared. annoying, but if you're near the cluster of other punishers you're more than likely toast.

#27- the 1hp pink 1. He's the major threat...basically he's a warrior. insanely fast and does a long stun/knockdown while hitting you for 20-35k per second. Pop serenstrum and start pew pew pew-ing. He's immune to all damage for the first 4-6 hits. the damage shield is odd. either its immune to hits period from mage and requires melee/scout hits to count or the dmg absorption is quite large. i can easily kill it in the time serenstrum makes me immune, but only on scout. the light mage instants and stars of light tick dont effect it.

#16- the mini boss. hits like a truck and has 173k hp. scouts can burn him usually before he hits you though and mages 1 shot anything in magnork except the 1hp one and amboriar. these arent in the clusters. and the respawn in 1-2 seconds in a random location along its pathing. theres ~5-8 of them total. but their pathing only intersect in 1 location i found. theyre of minor importance or danger really. except during last stage

#48- green AOE circle producer, will wipe a group in 1 second. He casts a rune destruction field that hits for 25k x at least 5, all in ~2 seconds. he's easy as long as you attack first.

-ALL the attacks appear to be magical. Serenstrum is the only way to survive a 1hp one or the AOE'ing one.

-After a certain number of mobs from a cluster are killed....the cluster dissolves. They respawn 5 seconds later in ~random place...usually near you or even on top of you. the red circle on the ground is where they spawn

-Spell effects have to be turned on so you can see the AOE before it hits, and more importantly where the cluster is going to respawn

first stage kill 240 punishers in 3min...this will start the allics people helping

second stage charge the weapon...thats the crystal mining. the antenna can take any amount of charge...its the deposit that disappears after so many minings and gives you the message.

(the order is interchangeable in which to do first but theres only 2 or maybe 3 ways to kill the # required without having a bazillion people in your raid...the cluster dissolving stops the kill count since u have to wait for respawn. so for the way we did it we used that order)

third stage begin damaging amboriar in the the shields the allics ppl bring

-amboriar doesnt respond to attacks..its mindless and just does his thing. getting near him causes massive damage. theres 3 AOE fields at all times. one grows exponentially...have to knock it off every 5-10 second by walking near an antenna. no tank needed...melee only attack when he's not in repair stage. he teleports when flying so keep an eye on him at all times. when he sits on you its a bit "painful"

i'll let the readers figure out how to stop repair and prolong the stage timer to actually knock 65mill hp down far enough to complete the event and the rest of the interesting things. :)

have fun!! (bring hammers) :p

7 people can successfully drop him..but the more the merrier and the easier it will be of course. unlike VN where more than 12 makes its harder really...this one appears to like large numbers of people.

• While we name the quests, and who gives them, at The RoM Wiki, this page seems to have a better guide to what you actually have to deal with. I have never been, except to look around, so I really cannot say.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng