wbp.exe

• When did Runes of Magic start implementing wbp.exe? there are multiple threads of this application running on my laptop and they're all consuming upwards of 325megs of ram. This executable is found in the thirdparty folder of Rom.

• I believe that is part of the new item shop and you get it once every time you open the IS but each instance doesn't shut when you close the item shop. Its safe to close any instance manually if you don't have the IS open.

• Yep, as described above, this process is used to run the webpage in the shop. Closing it when shop is open causes it to crash, have also noticed it recently consuming a lot of processing power, not sure if it's some changes they made to shop yesterday or not though

• I don't have this process running on my PC at all, even tho I have the executable and folder in my Runes of Magic folder. That makes me think it might be some clash with an addon or settings.

Cannot see a way to fix this process without closing it from task manager each time you close the IS. Which is pretty retarded

If I had this problem I would try :

>Disabling Addons

>Getting a thirdparty folder from someone who doesn't have wbp error

>Deleting wbp executable

>Deleting thirdparty folder.

I don't know how the last 2 would affect IS functionality. But I also don't know how item shop can continue to be made worse with each new patch released...

• I forgot to mention that there was a fix for this, I think it was on the old forum, which I used and I don't have wbp.exe running any more. Unfortunately, I can't remember what the fix was.

• I forgot to mention that there was a fix for this, I think it was on the old forum, which I used and I don't have wbp.exe running any more. Unfortunately, I can't remember what the fix was.

The fix is to delete or rename the third-party folder so the game uses the old copy of wbp.exe instead of the new one.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Sorry, I meant a fix for having multiple instances of WBP.Exe (or awesomiun) running at the same time. And I realise that whatever the fix was, its not working for me now with the new version. However, as I don't have any problem with the IS and each instance of WBP only uses 5MB for me, its not a big deal.

• Ok, I did some more testing on my setup to see what wbp.exe is doing.

I have Windows 10 (64-bit) fully patched, all drivers and all other applications also fully up-to-date. I use Microsoft Edge as my browser.

Opening a RoM client (not using GF frontend) and entering the game on a character, causes 2 instances of wbp.exe to load (why???). They both use just over 5MB of memory, though not exactly the same amount. Opening the IS on this client causes a further instance of wbp.exe to load, using 22MB of memory and causes the other 2 instances to jump to just over 11MB of memory used. Closing the IS does not remove this 3rd instance of wbp.exe and, from now on, the memory usage of each of the 3 instances slowly rises over time. Reopening the IS doesn't seem to make any difference.

Returning to the character selection screen causes all 3 instances of wbp.exe to close (as does closing the client completely). Picking a new character and re-entering the game causes 2 new instances of wbp.exe to load, again using just over 5MB of memory but not necessarily exactly the same amount as before.

Each additional client you open, opens its own two instances of wbp.exe and if you open the IS in that client, a further instance of wbp.exe opens.

From this, it is very easy to end up with a LOT of instances of wbp.exe running and all of them slowly eating more and more available memory.

I suggest, that if you don't want to use the work-around of deleting the Third Party folder from your RoM install, you restart your client after using the Item Shop. That at least should stop the wbp.exe instances from eating up all your memory.

Edited once, last by Caladin: corrected typos ().

• you restart your client after using the Item Shop

or just stop opening the itemshop or tbh just stop playing cause this gets worse each patch

Now I know what this forum is missing. There is no Down Vote button...

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng