Patch/Update Issue

• While updating to the Colorweave Festival the process stalled about halfway thru. Now I get a little dialog box that says "Open String File Error" when I try to re-launch. What is this and how do I fix it? thx

• replace your update.inf with the one from the zipfile from my thread here "String File Error" / Chinesische Zeichen beim Start des Clients [für: 7.2.1.2831 bis 7.2.1.2844] (might translate the post content later for EN section, too)

start the launcher first and check in the lower right corner which version you are currently patched too, though, to figure out the correct one.

If your launcher says "7.2.1.2836" you will most likely need the update.inf from 2834_2836 and so on.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• update.inf didn't seem to work. When I use the launcher it says it can't download.

Tried to manually install from gamedocs and it says those files already exist.

Any other ideas?

• really sounds like a broken update.inf ... what does your <rom folder>/patchlog.txt say which patch was completed last? (scroll down to the bottom of the file and check the last 10 or so lines)

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• In the Client.exe file ? Properties>Details of Client.exe ? ?(

How can you have 2844 if your patching broke "halfway thru" ? :/

Inconsistent information is much harder too sort, unfortunately.

If the patchlog says the last successful patch was 2836 though, you can try manually patching all further patches until 2844, THEN check again if you still have string file error, and if so, just replace the update.inf you have with the one from the 2843_2844 folder of my zip file.

At least I have reports of this method working from earlier for people where just applying the last known good patch or just replacing the update.inf file for some reason didnt fix it.

• [This user speaks English on a near native level.]

• Uninstalled and reinstalled. No help.

When I use client.exe I get a Chinese ToS.

If I use the launcher it says it can't download.

Patchlog says version 2842, current version says 2844. Very confusing.

• Chinese tos usually means broken update.inf. Did you leave client to patch itself or did you use manual patches? I'd suggest probably trying to use manual 2842 patch to see if fixes it.

• I have same kind of issue. I downloaded all the patches from the 7.1.1.2807 to 7.2.1.2844. I installed all of em manual and still getting the chinese ToS. Ive reinstalled the game 3 times and repatched like 4 times and nothing. Hope u can help me. Im super sad Thanks