PvE Instance Class Tier List

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • no idea who you are ingame but ... when i play scout almost always top dps in guild run so psst ..

you try count 1of random run where ppl almost never know when buffing boss in time ??? "remind me if i am not right dbuff fail dps =zero" there many ppl who just pick 1 class and cant even know what to do on it and mostly i swap scout in b3 IBP hope you not forget there is random black cirkle whats generate almost zero dps YES? so not go nabis plsss and made reason by this

i have no idea what 3/4 of this means because ur english clearly isn't that great...

just mail me ingame any message and i will log and do pt whit you agin and hope you not go bored when your w/wd worth nothing ......'atm i am very inaktive by no new lvl cap so just send some ingame mail"

i already ran with you when you were on rogue and i was on jib's w/wd, i did almost the same damage as you, if not the same, with gear from CoE (gear that was like 5 caps behind), you can ask Jib or Ramkiller. They saw all the scruts :P

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• Tbh, you're both right. You're just arguing from different experiences. Yeezy is talking from his experience. Where every engagement was near perfection. The tank, the supports, whether it be real people or macro'd alts are running in super refined timeframes through experience. Everything is consistent and usually goes as it's supposed to. In these settings Scout/Warden, Scout/Rogue, and Warrior/Scout are king.

To everyone else in inconsistent parties (think bad or average tanks and supports) a more consistent class like R/M and W/M is better. I would guess that's why W/M is inexplicably in the "God Tier" on this table...

So just stop arguing. The truth is burst classes are better when things go the way they're supposed to go. Also remember, just because you're good at R/M doesn't mean you're a good Scout. So "I do more dmg on Rogue than I do on Scout" is not a good argument.

• then you need some cavington ... 1st guild never use coe gear 2st realy cant remember when i run whit any w/wd last 1,5-2year all saw is pointless and reroll for some usefull classcombo who can dps boss 3st you agin forget some based stuff "till you winning on ibp " when all dbuff fast as posible on boss scout and rogue can be use dmg food and do nice dmg /fail dbuff or slow is pure whaste/....w/wd can build alot more pat whats leather user never can have also you need less defreduce on boss for do your dmg cap also if you do just close dps thats can be high critrate when other do almost zero crit or just fail dbuff boss

and yes englis is not me langue try understand it.......and not forget mail me ingame any message when you rdy for run ! ... i will link there how is run/boss end w/wd vs rogue^^

• then you need some cavington ... 1st guild never use coe gear 2st realy cant remember when i run whit any w/wd last 1,5-2year all saw is pointless and reroll for some usefull classcombo who can dps boss 3st you agin forget some based stuff "till you winning on ibp " when all dbuff fast as posible on boss scout and rogue can be use dmg food and do nice dmg /fail dbuff or slow is pure whaste/....w/wd can build alot more pat whats leather user never can have also you need less defreduce on boss for do your dmg cap also if you do just close dps thats can be high critrate when other do almost zero crit or just fail dbuff boss

and yes englis is not me langue try understand it.......and not forget mail me ingame any message when you rdy for run ! ... i will link there how is run/boss end w/wd vs rogue^^

still don't understand 3/4 of this, but yea i dont even play on EU, like i said i was playing jibs toon. Gear me a w/wd and i'll gladly show you what's up.

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

• In general i would say this topic is not that simple

There is no "best dps" or "best tank" or...

It always depends on different aspects

- dungeon (more burst or more event - VOR vs IBP e.g., crit-resi,...)

- boss (event with many interuptions or burst)

- level (the higher your level the more crit -> don´t need critbuffs)

- your group (which support, which classes)

- you need tons of damage or just sustainability (K/W vs K/P)

- your own gear (e.g. fresh tank vs high-end dps)

Therefore i would say:

- for open world every class is ok

- for dungeons take one of the here mentioned "god" or "top" classes

-> tank K/W

-> heal D/R (D/Wd, D/W)

-> MDD range M/W

-> MDD melee W/M

-> PDD range S/R, S/W, S/Wd

-> PDD melee R/M, Ch/R, W/Wd, Wd/W, W/S

-> Support + DPS M/Wl, Ch/P, Wd/S

-> Support only (in most cases) Wl/M

- for farming (t6 or something) nearly every class is ok (with appropriate gear)

- for PvP everything ist totally different

Everything else... Is scout always better then rogue? Which heal is the best? Which support do you need? Which support is the best?...

This all depends on the points written above.

• It always depends on different aspects

But that is exactly what we do not want in the list.

It was supposed to be a reference for new players so they can estimate how good a combination is in general (e.g. a R/Ch is always worse that a R/M), not as a definitive ranking of every combination.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• It was supposed to be a reference for new players so they can estimate how good a combination is in general (e.g. a R/Ch is always worse that a R/M), not as a definitive ranking of every combination.

But that is not possible

some examples:

heal:

Suntemple - a lot of critresistance

--> Druid/Rogue definetyl is you best choice

IBP - no cristresi at al

--> Druid/Warrior would be better if you have a lot of PDD´s

--> Druid/Warden would be better if you have a lot of MDD´s

tank:

your group wants to burst every boss

--> Knight/Warrior is needed due to his "support debuff" (Authoritative Deterrence)

your group only consists of Warrior/Mages with no -aggro and every fight lasts 2min at least and your heal is new to the game

--> your Tank needs tons of aggro and defence

--> you´ll probably go with a Champion or maybe a Warden

DPS:

you want or even need to burst a boss due to a broken event (IBP B3)

--> Scouts (or Ch/M) are you best friends for a 3s bossfight

you have to play a looong event with many interuptions (VOR B4)

--> Warrior/Mage is your Choice while a Scout will only be good for one phase

Support:

you only have low Matk/Patk classes

--> Mage/Warlock can help you out with -30% Deff

you only have Mage/Warriors with over 1kk Matk

--> better take a Ch/P oder Wd/S for mor DMG

-------------------------------

That´s why - take one of the god or top tier and the rest you´ll see

• is you best choice

It's not about the best choice.

Every of classes you named (and a few Priests) are good healers for beginners to pick, you cna run IBP and Sun Temple with any of them, too.

DPS: Any those is fine, you don't need the optimal class for every dungeon. Sure, it helps of you want to get the worldfirst, but that's not our scenario here.

Tank/Support: Just go with Knight/Warrior and the usual Supporters, it's not optimal for every single dungeon but it's almost always (very) good.

your group only consists of Warrior/Mages with no -aggro and every fight lasts 2min at least and your heal is new to the game

you only have Mage/Warriors with over 1kk Matk

These are really special cases that you'll probably will rarely see in practice. And even then, your guild will let you play as Knight/Warrior and Mage/Warlock, it's just not optimal.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• See you don´t get the point

of course it is possible with a lot of classes - if you have a good group, if you have the gear, if you have SW-titles, if you have music, if you have pet/cenedril/draco,....

But if you are new to the game and lack everything - then you´ll need everything what´s possible - and therefore the classes written above

• K/M tank is way better than CH/R, CH/P AND K/P. You can tank and do 100-200kk dmg on boss.

Korim

Knight < 100 > Mage

8o=O<X   Ignis Guild   ||?(;(

Wychylylybymy - RIP

Mementomori - RIP

Ignis - RIP

Korim - OFF

• Just to let you know, last night I started a K/Wr based on this table. I do not usually play a tank, although I have before in another game. It should be an interesting class combo to learn.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Why is rogue/mage considered as god tier? What makes it so strong? I played rogue/scout and rogue/warden, they all hade some useful buffs/attacks for it. But I can not really see the plus at /mage? which elite skill makes it that much better?

• lvl 15 - Enchanted Throw

lvl 30 - Day of Rain

lvl 70 - Illusion Blade Dance

Thanks for your reply. using those projectile weapons deals so much dmg that it's rated next to s/r and stuff?
    my old r/wd - r/s has that much lower dmg?

• R/M enchanted throw means that for every autoattack you land, you hit with throw damage. And given how fast r/m hits, that means a lot of hits, and since throw is based on DPS - increasing attack speed also increases damage of each hit. Hence Illusion Blade Dance will increase your dps a lot.

S/R is better for burn that r/m, but worse over long fights. Scouts are one of the best burn classes in game atm.

R/Wd can weave charged chop into its rotation, but this will not replicate the damage of enchanted throw. It can still do good damage though, just not the same level as R/M.
    R/S can do quite decent damage, but again, a R/M will simply do more. Once you play this game at lvl 100 you will notice : farming instance sets takes hundreds of runs. Not to mention the stats you need to. Hence people want to run with the most efficient combos that make farming as fast as it can be, which is the reason most people tend to play a couple of combos only.

• Why is rogue/mage considered as god tier? What makes it so strong? I played rogue/scout and rogue/warden, they all hade some useful buffs/attacks for it. But I can not really see the plus at /mage? which elite skill makes it that much better?

It's good just not god tier, a bit of an exaggeration. If you talk relative to EVERY SINGLE class in rom sure its god tier, but that's just because 99% of classes in RoM are complete garbage. Of the viable classes, it's just a good option. It does decent burst and decent sustained. It is not the best at either category but it can carry its own weight.

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

• So I've read some threads here (sadly I can not read the ones from the older forum :/ ).

I always prefer some pdd class, i might start with steam release. Will a rogue/mage or scout/warden be better for heading to level 100 and start going into dungeons one by one?

I saw some videos about s/wd burst (one shot so much dmg..). but how is that while leveling/questing without high end equip? Is a rogue better for it or is the range and one-shot potential still viable without best sets?

• For leveling and questing it doesn´t matter which class you´re playing. Open World is somewhat like a sandpit. Yes it can get a little tough in the higher levels, but if you understood your class just a little and know how to stun a mob - leveling is really just a piece of cake.

Everything else depends on you - do you like melee or ranged?

For dungeons i might say it´s a little bit easier if you´re ranged (at the beginning) because you can kill enemies easier without getting hit. But for the highest dungeons you´ll need some good equip - no matter which dd-class you´re playing.